Grace Community is a healthy, dynamic church that is growing strong in Lake Villa, IL, a thriving community located 45 minutes away from both Milwaukee, WI and Chicago, IL. We are currently looking for a Worship Pastor (or Director). This person would:
- first and foremost, lead by example and model that before others – a lead worshipper who delights in the Lord and enters His presence with both humility and bold confidence through Christ.
- be filled with the Spirit of God and grounded in the Word of God – a worshipper in spirit and truth.
- be a gifted, anointed worship leader who draws people into worship and a gifted musician vocally and instrumentally.
- be a hard worker, committed to excellence personally and in others – developing vocal, instrumental, creative, and production worship teams, recruiting new people to the ministry and shepherding the faithful ones.
- love cutting edge, contemporary worship music and yet have an appreciation for traditional hymns and their usage in services from time to time.
- enjoy all aspects of planning weekly services and special services (e.g. Easter & Good Friday, Christmas, Ministry Year Kick-off celebrations) that incorporate a variety of creative elements to foster and enhance worship.
- desire to develop and oversee all aspects of the Worship Ministry (e.g. music, production, creative arts, administration, etc.) through pastoral and organizational leadership.
- enjoy working under and alongside the leadership of the Lead Pastor, excited to be working as a team and yet deferring to authority and peers out of reverence for Christ.
- be committed to Grace Community – its mission, values and people.
We currently have a paid, full-time position with benefits available for someone who fits these qualifications. This position would require leading worship regularly on Sunday mornings, leading worship team rehearsals, creating excellent services and overseeing the development of all aspects of the Worship Ministry (official job description available upon request).
- Minimum 4 years of full-time worship ministry experience in church of 400+ worshippers and overseeing 40+ volunteers.
- Minimum Associates Degree or greater
- Clear calling to ministry
- Servant-leader who loves Jesus & people
- Strong marriage and family relationships (if applicable, and as far as it depends on you)
- Driven, self-starter seeking to build the church and grow the ministry
- Proven track record of recruiting and developing volunteers
Additionally, this position would lead other ministry within the church (e.g. missions, prayer, graphics design, social media, etc.) according to the applicant's gifting and experience and per mutual agreement at the time of hiring. This person would report directly to the Lead Pastor.
If interested, please click here to apply.