Grace Community is a healthy and dynamic church that is growing strong in Grayslake, IL, a far north suburb of Chicago. We are currently looking for a Worship Leader who is gifted in leading others in passionate praise and awe-filled devotion to the Lord. This person would:
- first and foremost, lead by example and model that before others – a lead worshiper who delights in the Lord and enters His presence with both humility and bold confidence through Christ.
- be filled with the Spirit of God and grounded in the Word of God – a worshiper in spirit and truth.
- be a strong, gifted worship leader who draws people into worship and a gifted musician vocally and instrumentally.
- be a hard worker, committed to excellence personally and in others – developing vocal and instrumental worship teams, recruiting new people to the ministry and shepherding the faithful ones.
- love cutting edge, contemporary worship music, and yet have an appreciation for traditional hymns and their usage in services from time to time.
- enjoy all aspects of planning weekly services and special services (e.g. Easter & Good Friday, Christmas, Ministry Year Kick-off celebrations) that incorporate a variety of creative elements to foster and enhance worship.
- desire to develop and oversee all aspects of the Worship Ministry (e.g. music, production, creative arts, administration, etc.) through pastoral and organizational leadership.
- enjoy working under and alongside the leadership of the Lead Pastor, excited to be working as a team and yet deferring to authority and peers out of reverence for Christ.
- be committed to Grace Community – its mission, values and people.
We currently have a paid, full-time position available for someone who fits these qualifications. This position would require leading worship regularly on Sunday mornings, leading worship team rehearsals, creating excellent services, and overseeing the development of all aspects of the Worship Ministry (official job description available upon request). Additionally, this position would lead other ministry within the church (e.g. missions, prayer, graphics design, social media, etc.) according to the applicant's gifting and experience and per mutual agreement at the time of hiring. This person would report directly to the Lead Pastor.
To find out more about Grace Community, visit mygracecommunity.org.
If interested, please send your cover letter, resume, and music samples (video preferred) to us at email@example.com.